All–Time Sales Data now included in Book Report
February 16th, 2017
The new version of Book Report crawls through the Prior Months’ Royalties spreadsheets that Amazon provides. This happens automatically, you don’t need to manually import anything. That data is combined with our other data sources to make the Historical tab more powerful and accurate than ever before. Here are some things to note:
- This new data is highly accurate. Since the spreadsheets contain the exact amounts earned through KDP Select, we don’t need to make estimates using historical payouts. We also use historical exchange rates to combine all marketplaces into one accurate earnings number, no matter how long ago it was.
- The spreadsheet data is broken up by marketplace. When you select a historical report that contains dates that we have spreadsheet data for, you’ll see a new ‘Earnings by Store’ section.
- New spreadsheets are added automatically. Just like the rest of Book Report, the spreadsheet crawling will just work. When Amazon releases a new spreadsheet, its data should show up in Book Report within 15 minutes.
But all–time data isn’t the only part of this update! The second part is a bit less obvious from a user perspective, but it makes a lot of things work nicer.
Data on the Server
Until today, Book Report saved all your sales data in your browser. With the new version, the data has been moved to a server, and is stored with military-grade 256-bit AES encryption — the strongest in the world.
This enables a handful of great new features:
- All your data is automatically backed up. Daily data disappears from Amazon after 90 days. Spreadsheet data doesn’t disappear currently, but the page says it’s only supposed to go back 12 months. Using Book Report keeps all your data safe and sound forever.
- Data syncs across devices. Book Report used to have to crawl every day of data separately on every device. Not anymore. If you get all your historical data on your laptop, then load up Book Report on your phone, everything will already be there.
- Improved performance. The number crunching now takes place on a world-class server, and only the final results are sent to your device. This means that it will run smoother on less powerful devices, and for accounts with large amounts of data.
We’re using Login with Amazon to keep all your sales data locked inside your Amazon account, and industry-best encryption to keep that data safe.
It’s been a long time coming, I’m very excited for this launch, and I can’t wait to hear what you think!
Don't have Book Report yet?
Support - Privacy - Terms